Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Treatment Success!

Tatsu (my male calico short tail ryukin) recently went through a hydrogen peroxide treatment on his injury and I am happy to report he hasn't succumbed to any infection or issues. I was SO nervous to give him the treatment, took him out of the water and did the swab, and felt so bad when I put him back in the water and he wriggled about upset with how it felt on his wounds. But I'd rather have that moment of nervousness than to watch him slip away like my female fish.

I believe it helped him recover and he's back to swimming around beautifully and being super active again. Thankful for resources like Jenny from Solid Gold's videos, and other fellow goldfish enthusiasts with experience who have been around the block when it comes to their care. I know that some of my family probably think I'm obsessed, but I just love my goldfish and having one die (like my one female fish) was so frustrating, but it's all a learning process for me and now I know how to treat injuries and do salt dips and administer salt treatments. I'm hoping the next time I receive shipped goldfish, even if one of them is damaged, I can get them on the right path to recovery from the start. I've learned what the short tails need now and since they are one of my favorite varieties I will be getting more in the future (for now I don't have the space).

I will say having Tatsu as part of my goldfish family is so worth all the work and I'm happy to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment